Friday, October 7, 2011

General Conference Weekend :)

It's about time I catch up on everything that has been going on in life! Sometimes things just get crazy though! It was so good to be able to slow down on conference weekend and be with family and Austin :) I loved being able to watch every session of conference this year! The past two years I always had to work conference weekend and would miss a few sessions, so I was so excited to hear everything that was said. Austin and I had been thinking a few days before conference of some questions that we needed answers to in regards to our worries, problems and starting our new family. It was definitely an uplifting weekend :)


In the past I have always listened to conference and thought there were only certain talks that pertained to me. This year was a completely different story. I wasn't just listening for me, I was listening for ways I could help my family and my future children. Every single talk pertained to me. There are so many things I want to do as a mother to help my children learn and understand the gospel and conference is one more way that helps me prepare for that. There were so many wonderful talks that I felt helped me personally by answering my questions. The words of the Prophet and Apostles are inspired and come from the Lord and I am so grateful for that. The feelings and impressions that I get out of conference are not just a coincidence. I cannot wait to start a family and use the impressions I have received and tools that are all around to bring the gospel into my family. It won't be for a while until our family starts to grow though haha just like Elder Neil L. Anderson said, it is so important to start a family, but start it when it's right :) We have some time haha


After conference Austin and I went up American Fork Canyon and looked at the leaves! Good thing we went before the snow came so we could enjoy the colors! It was really fun being just with Austin :) the last time we went up the canyon together was the last time we saw each other before he left on his mission, so it brought back good memories! :)


 The colors were absolutely beautiful :)
 Our tree :) 2 years later
 I absolutely love this picture! Austin has a good eye for what will look good in the lens :)
 :)
I love him :) 

It was such a great weekend! So good to spend time with family and each other! Austin and I are so blessed to have so many wonderful people in our lives :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment