Life is crazy. As much as I hate to admit it, I don't think I stop and enjoy life like I should. Tonight was different though. Time felt like it slowed down for me for 15 minutes. After a fun day spending time with my family I got in my car and headed home. I actually drove the speed limit for once! I wasn't in a hurry, I was just enjoying the view. Fireworks were flashing in the sky and as I rolled down the window the smell of their smoke immediately filled the car - two of my favorite things. When you combine those two things you know it's summer. Then of course the perfect song came on. I listened to the words as my personal firework show continued. It was the first time in a long time I was able to have a quiet moment and listen to my own thoughts. It felt good to get in tune with myself again. With all the busy wedding planning and newlywed life I hadn't had any "me" time. I sat there reflecting on everything that had happened recently and the words of the song described exactly how I felt.
"If I aint' got nothing, I got you."
I just made the biggest decision of my life and it was the best decision I have ever made. My life revolves around Austin! I want to make him happy, I want to be there for him when he is having a bad day, I want to show him how much I love him every single day. It's not the things in life that matter, it's the people you are with. I could have nothing and be the happiest person alive just because I have Austin! I have a loving family who has always been there for me! And I couldn't help but think how blessed I am to have married into such a wonderful family who would do anything for me! I might not have a lot right now, but really, I have everything. Even during the ups and downs, as long as I have the people I love, to me, life is perfect.
I think I have a new goal: Slow down and enjoy the ride. Stop and soak in every moment. Not just the perfect moments, but every moment. Thanks "me" time, I needed that. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment